Delete a Project Planner Project in M365
Planner is a lightweight, cloud, web-based application available in most Office 365 business subscriptions. With Planner, you and your team can easily create plans, assign tasks to users, and view reports/charts on activities. Its user-friendly interface makes it particularly accessible for casual project managers.
While the interface is simple and easy to navigate, the option to delete a project may not be obvious. This article shows how a Project Owner can delete the project from the system.
Warning: At the time of this writing, there is no method to restore a deleted planner project. Deleting a Plan is permanent.
- Login to M365
- Navigate to Planner
- Item #1: Select the plan you want to delete
- Item #2: In the top-right of the banner, click the ellipses
- Clicking the ellipses will open a contextual menu
- Item #3: Click the Plan Settings menu item
- The Plan Settings panel will open on the left
- Item #4: In the General section, at the bottom of the panel, click the Delete this plan button